Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot fail of the capture tests - how to solve this?

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:20:25 -0500
> <snip>

OK: I think I've fixed most of the problems with suite-capture.sh
which were causing some of the tests to fail.

However, as Gerald indicated, the stdout test tends to fail (on Windows
Cygwin) many times but not always, seemingly because the stuff sent to stdout
is not being flushed or something when the capture program exits. (I've seen
this failure with '-w -' for tshark and for dumpcap in the few tests I've
done).

Here's an example for dumpcap

$ ping -n 1000 www.wireshark.com >/dev/null &

$ ./wireshark-gtk2/dumpcap -c 10 -a duration:20 -i1 -w - \
2>./foo.txt >./foo.pcap

$ cat foo.txt
Packets: 10 $
$
$
$ ../wireshark-gtk2/tshark -r foo.pcap
tshark: "foo.pcap" appears to have been cut short in the middle of a packet.

(Sometimes I do get the first several packets).

Bill