Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cygwin Bash update breaks verify_tools

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:12:22 -0500
Menno Andriesse wrote:

> Hmm... I see what you mean.
>
> In a quick test I found that the only file that is a problem is
> tools/win32-setup.sh.
> How about the following change to the verify_tools: target in
>   Makefile.nmake:

Thanks for your suggestion and interest in this topic.

There are at least two other Bash scripts
which are referenced in the set of
Wireshark Makefile.nmake files.

tools/make-dissector-reg
     (This is presumably not normally executed since
      Python is probably installed and a Python program
      is used instead).

make-tapreg-dotc
     This script is definitely used;
     (Without igncr I get an error when this
     script runs as part of the Make).

So: my feeling is that it's best to use igncr whenever Bash is used so as to
ensure that any current Bash script used in the Make (or new ones added in
the future) will run.

Bill