Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] R: R: 0.99.4pre2 taking a really long time in init dissector

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:17:20 +0800

Problem's still there in 0.99.4 (final).

I downgraded to 0.99.3 and the problem's not there (startup time is 4-5 seconds instead of 30+).

If I get around to building a Unix version I'll troubleshoot further [wouldn't know where to begin on Windoze], but it's unlikely I'll have time.

Davide Schiera wrote:
Sorry Jeff, you're right.
I was trying the latest build found on
http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win32/ (SVN-19748) and actually
that version is quicker that 0.99.4pre2 (it takes 3 or 4 seconds to start
up, while the prerelease takes at least -on my laptop- 15 seconds).

Ciao,

Davide