Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build problem with yacc and ascend-grammar.c

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:02:53 -0700

On Oct 18, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Aamer Akhter wrote:

I guess I'm missing something in understanding because let's say I ignore
the error.

It's just a warning, not an error:

ascend-grammar.c:665: warning: label 'yyerrlab' defined but not used

and it doesn't cause any failures.

The Pascend file isn't being created,

No such file is supposed to be created.

as the next error is:

Pascend -oascend-scanner.c ./ascend-scanner.l
Pascend: Command not found

That's an incomplete Flex command line; could you post the Makefile? *That's* the problem, and it has nothing to do with the compiler warning for ascend-grammar.c.