Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 18935: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/diss

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:35:21 -0700
ronnie sahlberg wrote:

since guids are "never" reused and also since we might preload the mapping table from a file that is why i recently changed the se_tree code to make it trivial to add a pe_tree_... type. PErmanent tree a tree with storage scope that is never released.

Should we have versions of the routines that allocate ep_ and se_ things that take, as an argument, an "emem_chunk_t *", and allocate from that storage pool, and have routines to create and destroy storage pools?