Smb2-protocol: Re: [Smb2-protocol] more flags...

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:06:59 +1100
Hm.

Let me retract that.

There is some sort of structure to these bytes, but I have a hard time making heads or tails out of them.
Maybe they are some sort of flags field after all.

I did spot one thing that is semi-consistent though across my captures.
Bit 0x01  in the first byte of the opcode field

This bit is set for all replies
EXCEPT when you get multiple replies due to STATUS_PENDING
OR during the 4 packet SessionSetup/NTLMSSP dance,

In both those exceptions   one of the replies will have the bit set   and the other will have it clear.

Could this bit in replies mean something like "ACK that this command sequence number has been received and is being/has completed execution"?

There is indeed some pattern to it.