Smb2-protocol: [Smb2-protocol] Re: TID's are per UID

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 07:29:44 +0000
On 12/7/05, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ronnie sahlberg schrieb:
> > Please update to latest svn.
> >
> > I have checked in code to track (only for NTLMSSP   not KRB5) the
> > mappings between UID and Account/Domain/Host names.
>
> cool thanks!
>

> > If known,   the account name will be added under a new expansion in
> > the SMB2 header for the UID field.
>
> It would be great to have this for TID and UID in SMB too,
> (note the TID's are not bound to the UID on SMB)

Good idea.  Ill look into that this weekend.

By the way, do you have any captures with SMB2/Lock/Break I can look
at to start implementing in ethereal and documenting on the wiki?

I also have some ideas about Notify which i wrote down on the wiki.
Have you tried Notify and set up a larger response buffer   to see
what is returned  say like a filename and flags etc as for smb?
All the Notify responses i have are for a buffer that is too small to
contain any such data. :-(