Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Question about installing Solaris version of Ethereal

From: "FCG GUO Jinfeng" <Jinfeng.GUO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:44:08 +0800

I try to install Solaris version of Ethereal on my Solaris 8 platform.

When I execute “pkgadd –d ethereal-…”, I get the following error message:

This package requires gtk+ version >=1.2 installed in /opt/sfw/bin.

Aborting installation.

But I have already installed gtk+ 1.2.10 in /usr/local/bin.

Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?

How to install gtk+ in the /usr/local/bin directory?

Thanks a lot,

Leo