Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] 6 gig ethereal file

From: "Shier, Jon" <JonS@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:30:14 -0700

For some reason one of our tech's was capture at a site for a month and
did not break the files up. I can't get ethereal to open the file as the
thing is just to big. All I need is the last day of the capture, I have
tried tethereal, but it does not seem to be filtering out what I want.
Here is what I tried.

tethereal -r c:\etherXXXXSXB8AT -w c:\outfile -R frame.time >= "July 27,
2006"

So since the last day of the capture was the 27th I though this would
work. When I look at the outfile size it's the same size as the
original. Any thoughts?

This is on a winxp.

Jon Shier