Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Is AIN supported

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:42:01 +0800

Bui, MyHanh wrote:
Hi,

I see that Ethereal support SCCP, TCAP, INAP but how about ANSI Intelligent
Network or AIN?  Do you support it or any plan to support it in the future
and when?

It's not currently supported AFAICS.

As with most Open Source software, there's not really a plan as to what will be implemented--whatever someone is able or willing to contribute is what gets done.

It also means that if you're the developer type and you have a need for an AIN dissector then you could contribute one. :-) Another way to help get it done is to add a section for AIN on the Wiki along with a copy (or link to a free version of) the specification and a capture file and it's possible that some other interested developer may write a dissector for it.