Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Automate Testing

From: fonte fonte <fonte_monte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:00:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I'm using a software that automate dial up and FTP download through series of commands. For a few download sessions (Dial Up - FTP Get - Hang Up), these commands are repeated in a loop. My questions are:

1) In order to capture from the beginning of a session, I have to start Ethereal before the execution of the commands. However, I can't select the appropriate interface because no dial up interface can be detected yet until the commands run. I notice an interface option - Generic Dial Up Adapter that I think I can use as my Interface Option for capture before I run the commands. Can I 'safely' use this and it will not in any way affect the capture data?

2) Since I run many sessions continuously, how can I 'chop up' the Ethereal capture data according to these sessions?

Thanks and Have Nice Weekend

Blab-away for as little as 1�/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.