Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] MacOS X and WLAN issue

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:09:06 -0700 (PDT)
Andreas Fink wrote:
> Since I switched from MacOS X on Power PC (a PowerBook G4) to MacOS X
> on intel (a MacBook Pro) I'm facing a weird behaviour of Ethereal
> 0.10.14. Even though Ethereal has been compiled on the machine for
> its CPU and works well on the ethernet interface, using it on the
> WLAN card of the MacBook Pro makes it loose its connectivity.

Does the same thing happen if you run tcpdump on it?

If so, then, if you have an ADC account, I'd suggest filing a bug on this.
 Give all details of your network (note that it uses WEP, indicate whether
it's 802.11b or 802.11g), and give all details of the tcpdump command you
ran (interface you captured on, indication of whether you turned
promiscuous mode off or not, etc.).