Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] MTP2 HSL (High Speed Link)

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:45:59 +0800

Michael Tuexen wrote:
Hi Carl,

the answer depends on what you call a high speed signalling link:
1. If it is just the normal MTP2, but with longer sequence numbers,
   (defined in Q.703, Annex A), then it is supported. You can
   switch it in Edit/Preferences/MTP2.

You do need to have the data in the appropriate file format (DLT xxx) which may be the challenge.

2. If it is based on SSCOP, then I'm not sure if it is supported,
   but SSCOP support is in Ethereal. You could send me a trace
   and I can see what is missing.

Yes, Ethereal will understand MTP3-b over SSCF-NNI over SSCOP since 2004. You need to set the SSCOP payload protocol preference to SSCF-NNI, of course.

Regards,
-Jeff