Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] IP Connections Lost

From: "Peter Jam" <PJam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:29:54 -0500
Hello All:
I used Ethereal (.9 or something like that, older than you have now anyway) for the first time yesterday in a long time.  I had used it a long time ago and Mcafee blew away WinPCAp so I never tried it again until yesterday.  I downloaded the latest version of WinPCap (3.1) and ran Ethereal capture.  Immediately I got a message from my GroupWise: "Groupwise cannot connect to the Post Office".  So I ran CMD and IPConfig /All, it returned BLANK!  My IP had been blown away.  I looked in Mcafee's Quarantine and Counterspy Enterprise's Quarantine, but found nothing new.  I un-installed WinPCap and Ethereal and my NIC and rebooted to get IP back.

Is this a known issue or was it because I was using an older version of Etheral with the new version of WinPCAp?

Peter Jam | Network System Administrator
Lorch Microwave
email:. pjam@xxxxxxxxx
phone:. (410) 860-5100 Ext 141
fax:. (410) 860-1848

Lorch Microwave Inc
"Doing our best to make your job easier"