Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Compatable Systems

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:44:51 +0100
Mr Fred (Dell 9300) wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with an Intel 2915abg wireless centrino.
Intel advised they dont support promiscuous mode... 1 I am looking for a list of compatable wireless cards. 2 Would moving to linux change any ablity to monitor ??
Monitoring on wireless cards is usually very crippled under Windows, e.g. http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/ (and the wiki page link) gives a good introduction why switching to linux is a good choice in this case.

As I don't do that myself, can't give you any further tips which cards could be recommended and alike.

Regards, ULFL