Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] KeyTab

From: Xiaoguang Liu <syslxg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:00:58 +0800
hi Chris,

I worked on that for 5 months. I am glad to know some has the same
interest with me.  So far the best way I have to create a keytab is
using ktutil from MIT kerberos 5.

if you know a windows domain user's password, you can :

ktutil
> addent -password -p user/domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx -k kvno -e rc4-hamc
> wkt filename.key

the parameter format may be wrong, I can not remember it exactly.

you can also try ktpass.exe from windows 2003 sp1 support tools.

I also upload a sample trace and keytab file on kerberos wiki page.
you may try it first:
http://wiki.ethereal.com/SampleCaptures?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=krb-816.zip