Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bytes captured

From: Luis Del Pino <desanlu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:23:46 +0000
Hello¡¡¡. I have a problem, with Ethereal and wireless card I capture ICMP echo reply packets with Ethernet Header  (14 bytes), IP Header (20 bytes) and ICMP Data (64 bytes), total = 98 bytes. I Know that Ethereal translate IEEE 802.11 header to Ethernet Header when I have the card in mode managed. My question is that I see the statistics with "iwconfig eth1" and it tell that have been captured 92 bytes. Could someone explain it me? hasn't IEEE 802.11 header got 20 bytes?

Thank You.