Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] IUUP over RTP over UDP

Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:04:50 +0100
On 1/25/06, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Khera Gautam-GKHERA1 wrote:
> > How do I get ethereal to show the IUUP part of the RTP payload. I am
> > running ethereal 8.14

> You may first try to update to a recent Ethereal version (0.10.14), your
> version is literally years old ...

I think even older than IuUP itself.

> I don't know IUUP and don't know if it's supported now but updating
> should be the first step before any further investigations.

There is an IuUP dissector. It has no binding to RTP (I've never seen
IuUP over RTP myself). So far I used with IuUP only captures (plain
unencapsulated AAL2 CPSs dumped to a file).

I'll be happy to add suppoort for it but to do so I need captures.
Also the signalling would help as it is the signalling protocol that
confers what goes onto RTP so that we can write some form of automatic
recognition..

Luis

-- Marshall McLuhan