Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem with promiscuous mode

From: "Marcel Sunrise" <marcel.roux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:50:17 +0100
Hi, I am having a problem with ethereal.
I am unsing the ethereal with WinXP Professional on a Thosiba Portege R100
with a Intel (R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection.
If I try an capture in promiscuous mode and I send a ping from a PC-A to a
PC-C (about a Hub), I only see the request packet of my Laptop with the
ethereal.
(if I start the ping directly from the Labtop with the ethereal then I see
the request and the response packet).

I have installed the Intel Driver 6.4.14.0 and 8.0.21.0  -> no improvement

I have "MonitorModeEnabled= 1" in the registry installed  -> no improvement
  see also: http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-005897.htm

Thanks for any help.
Marcel