Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal v0.10.13

From: "Jas Lota" <jlota@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:48:05 -0000
Title: Ethereal v0.10.13

Hi,

I am using Ethereal and see a lot of errors on a TCP trace when downloading from the internet. This could running Ethereal to load a simple page like www.google.com. NOTE: no errors are observed if uploading e.g. FTP to and external webserver.

The errors as seen in the trace are a combination of:
TCP PREVIOUS SEGMENT LOST

TCP DUP ACK

TCP RETRANSMISSION

TCP WINDOW UPDATE

Looking at some Ethereal threads there are a number of dialogues indicating the problem to be with Ethereal, or to try and use another program to ascertain if similar problems (e.g. TcpTrace etc..).

I would like to know if this is indicative of a problem with Ethereal as I am *not* seeing any problems with throughput or connectivity issues despite seeing the above errors during a download! Once again for reiterating no errors are seen in the upload.

Any comments appreciated.