Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] GSSE/GOOSE

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:35:00 -0800
herbert.kraemer@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I installed version 0.10.06 and found in the list of the supported protocols the folllowing:

You must either have installed a modified version of 0.10.6, or must have installed a third-party plugin; none of those were supported in the standard 0.10.6 release - there are *NO* instances of "GSSE" or "GOOSE" in the 0.10.6 source release, and there are *NO* dissectors for GSSE or GOOSE (or the other protocol listed after GSSE and GOOSE in that list) in the 0.10.6 source release.

There were such dissectors posted to the Ethereal mailing list at some point; however, they were written using the "old" ASN.1 support, which has been deprecated for a while and which we ultimately intended to remove, once all dissectors using it have been fixed to use the new ASN.1 support, and no version was ever contributed using the new ASN.1 support.