Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Source MAC address while capturing with wirelessdevice

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:02:59 -0800
Gentoo_Newbie wrote:

This is very weird, because although all packets I capture with ethereal say I have a mac aa:aa:03:00:00:00, when I capture received packets they have the correct destination (my true MAC).

What are you capturing with when you get packets with the correct destination?

And how does the raw packet data differ between the two versions of a given packet?