Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Source MAC address while capturing with wirelessdevice

From: "Gentoo_Newbie" <gentoo_newbie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:03:36 -0000
Hello and thanks for answering.

In fact, I am using Ubuntu 6.04.
I have a centrino with a w2200 wireless card using the iwp2200 module (i think it's how it's written). This is very weird, because although all packets I capture with ethereal say I have a mac aa:aa:03:00:00:00, when I capture received packets they have the correct destination (my true MAC). So I suspected it has something to do with Ethereal itself or maybe pcap?

Thanks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>