Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] MySQL application problem?

From: Ben Hall <b1fcs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:15:06 -0800 (PST)
I am trying to figure out an issue with a distributed MySQL application that seems to halt for
40s.

Ethereal is listing a lot of Request Command: Unknown and is making it more difficult to figure
out.  The last real command I see is a Create Database, but the programmer says it is not issuing
a Create Database command and Ethereal must be wrong.

After packet #21, it sits for 40seconds before Packet #58.  I see some generic switch traffic, but
that shouldn't be affecting this app.

Any ideas would be great.  Even if what you are thinking is that it's an application problem and
it sure is performing a Create Database.

172.30.21.43 = Server and MySQL Database
172.30.19.231 = Desktop Client

Thanks!