Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] FileDoesn'tExist

From: "Jule Slootbeek" <jslootbeek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:38:37 -0500
What file was ethereal talking about?

Jule

-----Original Message-----
From: ethereal-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ethereal-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of george
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 3:33 PM
To: ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ethereal-users] FileDoesn'tExist

Hi
   I'm just getting started with ethereal.  I've downloaded some sample
capture files and opened them with ethereal. They displayed fine, so I
doubt that there is anything wrong with my copy of the program.
   The problem when I tried to do a capture (on ppp0) it said the file I
was writing to didn't exist.  I tried this several times both as user
and as root. The file did exist. ???
George