Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal hidden

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:59:52 -0700
Carolina Gómez wrote:

I am working using Ethereal but I don´t want Ethereal is visible. I launch ethereal by command line and I would like to know if there is any command in order to make Ethereal hidden (invisible by user)

It's a GUI application; making it hidden makes about as much sense as would making a Web browser completely hidden ("completely hidden" as opposed to "minimized").

If you want to run a capture that doesn't have a visible window, you'd run Tethereal, not Ethereal, just as if you wanted to download a Web page, you'd run a command-line tool such as wget or curl rather than a GUI Web browser.