Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] proxy connection tag?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:40:13 -0700
Vicky Rode wrote:

~From what I've gathered briefly the requests to a proxy differ
from normal requests in one way: in the first line, they use the
complete URL of the resource being requested, instead of just the path.
Is this correct?

Not if the requests are going to at least some forms of transparent proxy (such as the one the company Jerry and I both used to work for makes :-)). In that case, the requests are identical to normal requests, as the client thinks it's talking to the origin server, not to a proxy. (That's sort of what "transparent" implies, no?)