Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] tethereal win32 and wcap.dll

From: L Cubed <lllcubed@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:39:24 -0500
Greetings,

If this is my problem, just point the way...  Thanks in advance.
Recently setup an new WinXP SP2 machine, installed ethereal and it works great.  tethereal is not working -->
        error:  tethereal: Could not load wpcap.dll.

Looks like ethereal is actually working because it has it's own compiled in pcap libraries?

I have tried many things to get tethereal to find this DLL, even moving a copy into its own working directory.  No joy so far.  Any help is appreciated.  I haven't tried an eariler version of ethereal on this workstation as yet...

About Ethereal ---
Version 0.10.11 (C) 1998-2005 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.14, with GLib 2.4.7, with WinPcap (version unknown),
with libz 1.2.2, with libpcre 4.4, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.

Running without WinPcap on Windows XP Service Pack 2, build 2600.

About WinPCAP installed---
Version 0.6.2.0
location:  %windir%\system32\wpcap.dll
Installed by WinPCAP 2.3