Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] 'any' on Solaris 10?

From: "Stefan A." <lists@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:58:46 +0200
Guy,

Thanks for your answer.

> So those are packets being sent to another machine, rather than being
> sent from the machine to itself?

No, the connection came from my box to an other box. I saw no outgouing
trafic, but the incoming answers.
It was all UDP (RADIUS) and initiated by Perl client SW (Authen::RADIUS)
using an subinterface.

Using the physical Interface, it was OK.
Disabeling the promiscous mode: anything worked fine, even on the
subinterfaces.

I've no clue, if it would have worked on my SuSe 9.1, because there I's
using the any interface, which did not support the p-mode anyway.

Anything works fine for me now (ruled by Solaris :), this last question was
just interesting to me.

Tx again.
Rg. Stefan