Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal - Interfaces could not be detected

From: Fabrizio Bertocci <fabrizio@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:05:20 -0700
Try to replace Winpcap 3.0 with a newer version, even if is a beta version (currently 3.1 beta 4):
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/

I had a similar problem on a VAIO laptop... for some Winpcap 3.0 didn't work...
Fabrizio

Manfred Maier wrote:

Hello

My problem is,

that ethereal V0.10.11 is unable to find the capture interfaces !

I get the error message “Can’t get list of interfaces: PacketGetAdpterNames: Not enough memory available for this command” !

I’ve at least 25MBytes free !

Operatingsystem is W2K SP4 !

Pleas Help

Manfred Maier