Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Is compiling the Ethereal source with GTK 2 still considere

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:02:13 +0200

Kenneth Haagner <ken.haagner@xxxxxxxxx>, Ethereal user support <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 20.07.05 18:04:40:

> Hi,
> Is compiling the Ethereal source with GTK 2 still considered beta?

Do you mean in general or by comparing GTK 1 and 2?

In general:
Yes, see http://wiki.ethereal.com/Development_2fRoadmap

In comparison between GTK 1 and 2:
There are no real differences between GTK 1 and 2 left.

The GTK2 version is the default in the Win32 installer, only a few people still use (or have to use) the GTK1 GUI. There a some minor annoyances in the GTK2 version left, but GTK2 contains some nice features that are not part of GTK1.

You may refer to some part of the documentation, if it's the case which one exactly?

Regards, ULFL