Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] indicating dropped packets

From: David Newman <dnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
Some commercial sniffers I've used have a dropped packet indicator showing when they can't capture all traffic seen. I understand this is possible because of the information sent up by some NICs.

Are there NICs that work with Ethereal that have a similar capability? If so, are there extensions to Ethereal that would enable it to indicate when it's dropping?

dn