Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Question

From: "Mark Slinger" <mark.slinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:06:29 +0100

Hi,

Do you plan to implement protocol decode support for TCP Optimisation tools such as that of www.FlashNetworks.com ?

It is my understanding that if someone collects IP trace data from a network node which is using a compression tool then currently Ethereal would not be capable of decoding the TCP and following service protocols as they would be in a proprietary compression format.

Best regards

Mark

Mark Slinger

Product Manager - Actix Ltd.