Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ring Buffer File with Tethereal

From: Dominick Meglio <dmeglio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:50:48 -0400
Hello,

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a ring buffer file to work in
tethereal. I set it up to create 2 files using the following command:

tethereal -a filesize:10 -b 2 -w out.pcap

Unfortunately, it seems to create more than two files. After running
it for a while I see:

out_00001_20050708133605.pcap
out_00001_20050708133606.pcap
out_00001_20050708133607.pcap

The longer I let it run, the more files I get. Is this a bug? Or am I
doing something wrong?

My version of tethereal is 0.10.11.

Thanks for your help,
Dominick Meglio