Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] TCP Filter problem

From: Ron Apuzzo <admin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:38:48 -0500 (CDT)

I will look more into WinPcap thanks! I upgraded WinPcap to 3.1 beta 4 and I got same result. However when I disconnected from VPN and captured on the main ethernet interface on the same host using the same capture filter, I am able to see TCP traffic both way.

Something must be wrong with WinPcap when used with Cisco VPN 3000 adaptor with a capture filter is turned on e.g. tcp port xx or host a.b.c.d (no incoming traffic seen at all). The ethereal host is running on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks for your help,
-Ron