Ethereal-users: Re: FW: [Ethereal-users] [Ethereal Users] Hardware Specs of myEthereal PC

From: "Percival Jr. Gahunia" <bipoy50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 07:22:34 +0000
thanks Hansang,

I really appreciate your help. I'll try to double the memory and see if there are any improvements. My goal actually of doing this is to capture traffic in my network for a long period of time... a 24hr period capture would be better but if it is not possible for this duration a 12hr long capture would be fine...

may I also ask if it is practical to use ethereal in monitoring traffic in my network for long periods of time... does ethereal designed to work like this... What can you advise to me?

Thank you and best regards,
Percival