Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Sent packets captured twice

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:04:21 +1000
Guy Harris wrote:
Harry J Moyes wrote:

The issue occurs with all versions of Ethereal that we have tried on these systems recently and with both the production and latest release of WinPcap.

Does it happen with WinDump as well?

If so, it's probably a WinPcap issue.

I've tried it on an IBM Client for e-business build of XP with all the required patches. This build has ZoneLabs Integrity Desktop and does not have SP2. Ethereal is 0.10.11. WinDump 3.8.3 beta. WinPcap 3.1 beta 4.

Using the built-in Intel PRO/1000 (driver Intel 8.0.57.0) I got the same result as Harry with each of Ethereal and WinDump, with and without ZoneLabs running. Each sent ICMP packet is duplicated after roughly 0.0004 to 0.0005 seconds.

I also tried a Xircom CardBus Ethernet 10/100 Adapter (driver Microsoft 3.14.5.0) in the same laptop. This did not duplicate the sent packets.

                -- Dr. Who