Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] RE: [Ethereal-dev] G729 Silence

From: "Visser, Martin" <martin.visser@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:06:07 +1000
 Not sure, but possibly what you are really after is in here
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3389.html

(I believe this is the same thing, it is not that you send silence but
that you tell the other end you wish them generate comfort noise because
the near end audio is below a set threshold

Martin Visser, CISSP
Network and Security Consultant
Consulting & Integration
Technology Solutions Group - HP Services

410 Concord Road
Rhodes NSW  2138
Australia

Mobile: +61-411-254-513
Fax: +61-2-9022-1800
E-mail: martin.visserAThp.com

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify HP immediately by return email and then delete
the email, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the
information in it.