Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Cannot open file bigger that 40 Mb

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:28:51 +0200
NOEL, ANDRE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like with the latest Ethereal version (0.10.11) I cannot open
> trace files that I took.
>
> These files are 40 Mb.
>
> However I succeeded opening files of 20 Mb.
>
> Am I alone in this situation or it�s a bug with Ethereal 0.10.11 ?

What's the reaction (the exact error message, ...) when you open such a
file?

I don't know any new bugs in 0.10.11, but as the dissectors involve,
they might introduce new bugs ...

If Ethereal is running out of memory, it will crash with a message like
"could not allocate xxx bytes while", this is due to the underlying
libraries used.

Regards, ULFL