Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] VOIP detection

From: "Avi & Debby" <av_dd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:41:08 -0400
Hi,

I just loaded Ethereal & ran it on my network.

We have a Vonage (Linksys) router (RT31P2) with built in
VOIP lines.  While running Ethereal, I made a test call.
The VOIP call was not detected and no packets were
captured.

Should Ethereal detect these VOIP calls  and capture the
VOIP packets ?

Or are the VOIP packets not making it to the internal side
of the router (192.168.x.x, where the computers are) since
the VOIP adapter is built into the router ?

Thanks in advance for your time in answering this
question.

Sincerely,

A.  Brickner
--