Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Capture Filter on port - strange behavior - SOLVED

From: James Garrison <jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:40:04 -0500
The problem results from having the SonicWall VPN client
manager software running in the background.  Even without
an active VPN connection, the client seems to interfere
with WinPCap. Merely exiting the client manager program
clears up the problem.  It is not necessary to uninstall
anything.

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    5608 Parkcrest Dr