Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Filters

From: James Garrison <jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:16:37 -0500
This *appears* to be a WinPCap problem which I am pursuing on
the WinPCap mailing list.  I will post the results here when
there is a resolution.  The symptom I'm seeing is that a
capture with filter "port 25" sees only one side of the SMTP
conversation but with no filter both sides are captured.

Carl.Knox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am running a freshly compiled 0.10.11 using MSVC 6.0 on WinXP SP2 and am
having some minor problems with filters and registering dst ports. I've
dabbled with the source over the years, but not often enough to track some
of these problems down in an efficient manor or to make sensible changes,
so I'm asking the Ethereal community for their expertise.

Display filters, in particular "ip.addr != x.x.x.x", use to work for both
src and dst addresses, but now I must make an elaborate formula to filter
both src and dst.

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    5608 Parkcrest Dr