Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] (no subject)

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 22:46:10 -0400
On 10:22 PM 5/7/2005, Dennis Singh wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am doing multiple captures of http traffic and i
>have numerious workstation sending and receiving.
>
>Is there an easy way to seperately list all
>conversations and the duration of it.
>
>So basically i am looking for a tool to decode packets
>by the start of the conversation to the end of it.
>
>Any help is appreciated.

Define decode.  If you want average stats, bytes, durations etc..then tcptrace will do what you want.  If you want to analyze the trace files, you can simply filter it in Ethereal.  "ip.addr=x.x.x.x" will filter for any particular IP of choice.  Or you can use Statistics, Conversation List, TCP (for example) w/in Ethereal.

hsb