Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] creating a PCAP file from unencapsulated MTP3 traces

Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:33:49 +0200
Hi,
I got MTP3 messages taken directly from a trace in a network element
(just unencapsulated MTP3 with timestamps). I'm writing a script to
import these into ethereal.

I've already created a script that fits the mtp3 message over
m3ua/sctp/ip/eth but I find it cumbersome to add that much data to
decode mtp3 and it's payload since I noticed Wiretap has already an
mtp2 "encapsulation".  So far I haven't been able to figure out which
format to use.

How the MTP2 file is formatted?

Thanks,

Luis