Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Decoding using tethereal

From: Yaniv Valik <Yaniv.Valik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:52:38 +0300

Hi all,

I’m trying to decode port 8000 as HTTP with the command “tethereal –r file –d tcp.port==8000,http”.

The trouble is tethereal identifies some of these http packets as tcp, some as zebra, icap and many other protocols.

-d zebra.port==8000,http doesn’t work.

Does tethereal support some kind of generalized decoding?

Moreover, from time to time I encounter a segmentation fault while using “-d” option.

Tnx,

-- Yaniv