Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] how to know that tethereal has stopped running

From: PREETI KOTHARI <preetimk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:50:06 -0700 (PDT)
I am using Ethereal to capture packets between our two
PC application, which uses our own application
protocol.

I developed a C application, which post processes
ethereal generated tcpdump file to parse our
application related messages.

So basically, my application runs into two steps:
1) run ethereal to capture packets between two
application clients on Windows.
2) run my developed C application to post process the
ethereal generated tcpdump/libpcap file to dissect our
application related fields. (Windows operating system)

I want to combine these two steps. Either using batch
file or developing C application on windows operating
system.
I know that I can use tethereal instead of Ethereal
with autostop option.

My question is, how would batch/C application know
that tethereal has stopped running and now I can run
my developed C application?

Please help me with this question.  Let me know if I
am not clear.   I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Preeti Kothari

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail