Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Export & Save

From: "Visser, Martin" <martin.visser@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:52:33 +1000
If you have chosen to save a capture file at the start of the capture you can just open another instance of ethereal and work on the capture file while it is still capturing. do your filtering/marking and than just save the approriate packets.

If you are just capturing without an explicit capture file, ethereal capture to a file  in C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>Local Settings\Temp\etherxxxxsomething. You can copy this/or open it as well

Martin Visser, CISSP
Network and Security Consultant
Consulting & Integration
Technology Solutions Group - HP Services

410 Concord Road
Rhodes
 NSW
2138
Australia

Mobile: +61-411-254-513
Fax: +61-2-9022-1800
E-mail: martin.visserAThp.com

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify HP immediately by return email and then delete the email, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the information in it.