Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Filter on port - strange behavior

From: James Garrison <jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:44:25 -0500
If I provide the following capture filter:

	port 25

in order to capture an SMTP transaction, I see only
packets with destination port 25 -- I.e. I see the
the client's outgoing packets only.  However, if I
capture with NO filter specified, I see all packets.

I also tried

	src port 25 || dst port 25

but the results were the same.

This is with Ethereal versions 0.10.10 and 0.10.9, and
with WinPCap 3.0 and 3.1Beta4.

Am I missing something? This used to work just fine.

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    5608 Parkcrest Dr