Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] FPROT identifies Ethereal as webeditor@xxxxxxxxxx <webeditor@xx

From: "Carl Wallace" <club5220@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 23:02:52 -0400
Hello,

I was wondering if you've had the same experience as I... on a 'clean' build of Windows XP Pro (SP2) I installed FPROT for evaluation, and to my surprise it identified (and automatically REMOVED?!) the Ethereal uninstall file as the w32/haxdoor.ap@bd threat and furthermore, it removed my ethereal installer (.10.10)! I tried searching Google for w32/haxdoor.ap@bd and got nothing, which seems a bit sketchy, to me. This software seems to be identifying your installation as a threat, which I'd guess is a false positive, because Ethereal is one of the premieire protocol analyzers out there, yes?

Curiosuly yours,
Carl Wallace