Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] unable to capture on any interface

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:56:19 -0700
John Whitlow wrote:
As it turns out, my wired interface does work, and my wireless does not.

Not an uncommon story on Windows. Windows wireless drivers often don't work well with WinPcap, possibly because it won't work well with *anything* that plugs into NDIS to capture traffic.

It often works *worse* in promiscuous mode than in non-promiscuous mode:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq#q5.39

(I'd suggest asking IBM or Microsoft about the ipconfig issues.)